£300.00 Now £250
This course (theory and practice) offers you the opportunity to develop and critically evaluate specialist skills and knowledge of tissue viability and wound management. A lecturer practitioner (Specialist Nurse) will deliver this course once a month as a live interactive online or face to face classroom based course. This course covers knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of people working in health and social care. Course assessment includes patchwork reflective practice and practical assessments.
5 Days of theory (flexible study days) followed by a month to achieve clinical competencies.
During this course, you will cover the following:
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Pathophysiology of tissue breakdown and wound healing
- Physical assessment, diagnostic tests and investigations
- Wound bed preparation and cleansing
- Debridement and microbiology
- Managing infection, pain and dressings.
- Nutritional assessment and support
- Continence care and mobility
- Tissue viability care and management
You will be assessed via:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Practical Observation
You must be working or planning to work in health and social care