UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) aligned & CPDUK accredited
This course provides essential elements of Adult Basic Life Support for front-line healthcare and social care staff. Staff can are expected to identify and respond to patient signs of clinical deterioration, they can prevent further decline that might otherwise culminate in cardio-respiratory arrest or start the process of basic life support. A health and social care expert will deliver this course once a month as a live interactive course or you can take the course anytime as a self-paced online course. This course covers knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of people working in the health and social care. Assessment includes multiple choice questions (MCQs).
During this course, you will cover the following:
- Introduction to Legislations,
- Adult and paediatric UK Resuscitation Council guidelines & Algorithms,
- The National Early Warning Score (NEWS2) system,
- DRSABC systematic approach to cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Choking care awareness
- Anaphylaxis airway obstruction,
- Anaphylaxis care awareness
- Effective compressions and ventilation
- Recovery position
- Secondary survey roles and responsibilities.
You will be assessed via:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
You must be working or planning to work in health and social care